- Summarize Oregon’s legal evolution of the laws relating to naloxone.
- Learn about prescribing various formulations of naloxone consistent with Oregon Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Understand how to educate the patient on proper administration of naloxone.
- Demonstrate the importance of the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.
- Discuss Oregon’s Good Samaritan Law.
- Describe regulations for pharmacy collection of unused medications and safe drug disposal.
When: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 from 6:00-8:30 p.m. (Dinner served 6-6:30 p.m.)
Where: Valley River Inn Columbia Ballroom, 1000 Valley River Way, Eugene, OR 97401
Speakers: Fiona Karbowicz, RPh
Ms. Karbowicz has over 15 years of experience as a retail pharmacist in chain and independent pharmacies. She began work with the Oregon Board
of Pharmacy in March 2011 as an Inspector and has worked as the Board’s Pharmacist Consultant since early 2014.
Geoff L’Heureux, PharmD, AAHIVP
Mr. L’Heureux is a credentialed HIV specialist through the American Academy of HIV Medicine; he specializes in working with people living with HIV and Hepatitis C in rural areas.
Cost: $0-30 Sliding scale; Discounts for Trillium contracted providers
Credits: 1.5 CME/NASW; 1.5 CE available for pharmacists
Event Date: 02/13/2018