The Pain Standards Task Force is hosting a pharmacy educational event covering the newest regulations in response to the opioid epidemic. All pharmacists from Central Oregon are invited.
When: November 2, 2018 at St. Charles at 2500 NE Neff Rd, Bend, OR in the Heart and Lung Conference Room, 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. Breakfast included.
CME: Approved by the Board of Pharmacy for 2 hours of Oregon Continuing Education.
Fiona Karbowicz, R.PH from the Oregon Board of Pharmacy will cover the following information:
- Understand how prescribers and pharmacists prescribe the various formulations of naloxone consistent with Oregon Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Learn how to educate the patient on proper administration of naloxone.
- Gain awareness of the Oregon Board of Pharmacy’s new Syringe Access Policy.
- Share rules for pharmacy collection of unused medications and safe drug disposal.
- Understand the importance of utilizing the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.
Event Date: 11/02/2018