PainWise is a public resource created by a joint task force with health care partners located throughout Benton, Lincoln, and Linn counties in Oregon. Our goal is to end the opioid epidemic in our communities through education and resources on pain and pain management.
Our three county region has reported some of the highest mortality rates not just in the state, but in the country in recent years. The Task Force recognizes that the opioid epidemic cannot be treated by prescription guidelines alone.
Our efforts need support with awareness campaigns, information, and training for our healthcare providers, patients, and the community.
The Task Force launched the PainWise website in August 2016 as part of an ongoing public education campaign. PainWise.org now serves as a hub of opioid and pain-related information and resources for patients and their families, healthcare providers, and the community at large.
Our goals are to:
- Increase local awareness of the opioid epidemic.
- Achieve consistent opioid prescription practices in Benton, Lincoln, and Linn counties.
- Reduce the prescription opioid mortality rate in Benton, Lincoln, and Linn counties.
- Provide training to community members and physicians.
- Provide information and valuable resources to pain patients, their families, and the general community.
- Provide physicians and other health care providers with the tools they need to do their part in this effort.
- Eliminate opioid overdose deaths in Benton, Lincoln, and Linn counties.