Practitioners providing care for individuals living with pain need readily accessible
guidance and simple best-practice management tools. The Columbia Pacific CCO Pain Treatment Guidelines have been created for these practitioners. In this document, we address the real-world situations practitioners face in daily patient care.
This document is divided into sections that can stand alone for quick reference.
- Treating Acute Pain
- Treating Chronic Pain
- Non-Opioid Options
- Trauma-informed Care
- Treating Pain in Children and Adolescents
- Pain Control in the Elderly and Individuals with Dementia
- Pain Control for Cancer and Palliative Care
- Opioid Use During Pregnancy
- Managing Patients in the Emergency Department
- Recommended Opioid Policy for Dentists
- Other Considerations