What: A Pain and Education Group available to all at Siskiyou Community Health Center
Where: Siskiyou Community Health Center
Contact: Michelle Marikos (541) 944-7110 email@example.com
Living Well with Chronic Pain: Self Management Program
What: 6-week workshop. Meets once per week for 2-½ hours. Stanford University program led by two trained facilitators. Participants learn skills to improve quality of life and increase self-efficacy in managing chronic pain symptoms.
Where: Workshops offered in community settings in Jackson and Josephine Counties.
Contact: Register for next available start date. Call 541-864-9611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breaking Free of Chronic Pain
This unique six-week chronic pain self-management program is adaptable to accommodate patient’s limitations.
- Provides an overview of the pain system and that pain is changeable by winding down the nervous system.
- Tools and techniques for managing chronic pain, depression and anxiety including gentle movement, mindfulness and deep relaxation.
- Discusses the impact of lifestyle, stress and diet on pain levels.
- Explains the importance of the mind body connection and its role in the pain cycle.
- Teaches techniques for maintaining energy levels and managing pain symptoms.
- Empowers participants to reclaim responsibility for their well-being.
For more information, call (541) 210-1952.
Or visit Breaking Free of Chronic Pain.