Who: Medical Professionals, Addiction Treatment Professionals, and Mental Health Professionals.
When: Second Thursday of every month from 5pm-6pm.
Where: Jackson County HHS, Orchard Room, 140 S. Holly St, Medford, or online via Zoom.
To connect via Zoom (from your computer or phone) follow this link: https://zoom.us/j/445546272. Follow the prompts to connect. On your phone, it will prompt you to download the Zoom app if you haven’t previously downloaded. On your computer, no app is required.
What: Each month we will discuss 1-2 articles chosen from Addiction Medicine and Addiction Psychiatry literature. Common source journals may include The American Journal on Addictions, Journal of Addiction Medicine, American Journal of Psychiatry, JAMA, NEJM, and others. The articles will be posted for review prior to the end of the preceding month. Please read the articles prior to the Journal Club. Submit articles to Dr. John Mahan for consideration. Volunteers to lead sessions are welcome.
Sponsored by: Jackson County Health & Human Services, Oregon Pain Guidance and the Oregon Chapter of the American Society of Addiction Medicine.
- JAMA 2019 Management of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Patterns in Outpatient Benzodiazepine Prescribing in the United States JAMA 2019
- Transferring Patients From Methadone to Buprenorphine The Feasibility and Evaluation of Practice Guidelines
- A Case of Opioid Overdose and Subsequent Death After Medically Supervised Withdrawal_The Problematic Role of Rapid Tapers for Opioid Use Disorder
- A Review of Alprazolam Use Misuse and Withdrawal
- SAMHSA 2018 pregnancy and OUD
- MOTHER study Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome after Buprenorphine or Methadone
- Quantification of Morphine, Codeine, and Thebaine in Home-Brewed Poppy Seed Tea by LC-MS/MS
- Poppy seed tea and opiate abuse in New Zealand
- A case of poppy tea dependence in an octogenarian lady
- Unobserved Home Induction Lee et al
- Unobserved Home Induction Case Conference Lee et al
- At Home Buprenorphine Induction Patient Pamphlet
- Effect of Buprenorphine Weekly Depot
- Changes in Synthetic Opioid Involvement in Drug Overdose Deaths in the United States
- JAM Physicians Decision making When Implementing Buprenorphine With New Patients
- Clonidine Increases the Likelihood That Abstinence Can Withstand Unstructured Time in Buprenorphine maintained Outpatients
- SAMHSA Tip 63 Medications for Opioid Use Disorder