- FDA Approves Indivior’s Monthly Injection to Treat Opioid Addiction: STAT Health
- Pain Medicine Provider Toolkit: University of Washington Pain Center
- Pain Medicine Health Library: University of Washington Pain Center
- Physicians for Responsible Prescribing (PROP): PROP’s mission is to reduce opioid-related morbidity and mortality by promoting cautious and responsible prescribing practices.
- Primary Care Behavioral Health: maintained by Sharone Abramowitz, MD.
- FDA’s Dilemma With the Opioid Pain Medication Zohydro ER: Forbes article
- ‘Magic’ Overdose Drug Works, but Demand and Price on the Rise: NPR article about naloxone
- Naloxone – a Potential Life Saver: NIDA article
- Science of Addiction: NIH general information for consumers on drugs, brains, and behavior.
- Practical Pain Relief: A Functional Pain Presentation by Joshua Graner M.S., L.Ac
Other Opioid Guidelines
- CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain: Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Interagency Guideline on Prescribing Opioids for Pain: Washington State Agency Medical Directors’ Group, June 2015