The Oregon State Board of Nursing safeguards the public’s health and well-being by providing guidance for, and regulation of, entry into the profession, nursing education and continuing safe practice.
The Board of Nursing, with the help of its staff,
- determines licensure and certification requirements
- interprets the Oregon Nurse Practice Act;evaluates and approves nursing education programs and nursing assistant training programs
- issues licenses and renewals
- investigates complaints and takes disciplinary action against nurses and nursing assistants who violate the Oregon Nurse Practice Act
- maintains the nursing assistant registry
- administers nursing assistant competency evaluations