Prevent Opioid-Related Harms in Older Adults in Rural Oregon
The Oregon Office of Rural Health invites you to attend an online conference to:
- Discuss the fundamentals of opioid use disorder (screening, diagnosis, and treatment).
- Address non-opioid alternatives to pain treatment (increasing the use of evidence-based practices for acute and chronic pain).
- Learn the most up-to-date information highlighting improper opioid prescribing in older adults.
- Become familiar with the three-stage model of care:
- Stage A – Performance Measurement: Identify older adult patients (65 or older) in your care receiving pain treatment with opioids.
- Stage B – Conference: All-day interactive seminar with experts in the field.
- Stage C – Survey: Reflect on the measures you have implemented, since the course, to support the discontinuation of opioids for your older adult patient.
American Academy of Family Physicians CME Approved
Event Date: 10/22/2020