The Pain Standards Task Force is hosting a pharmacy educational event covering the newest regulations in response to the opioid epidemic. All pharmacists from Central Oregon are invited.
When: November 1, 2018 at Worthy Brewing in the Hop Mahal Room in Bend, OR from 6:15 – 8:30 pm. Dinner included.
CME: Each event is approved by the Board of Pharmacy for 2 hours of Oregon Continuing Education.
Fiona Karbowicz, R.PH from the Oregon Board of Pharmacy will cover the following information:
- Understand how prescribers and pharmacists prescribe the various formulations of naloxone consistent with Oregon Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Learn how to educate the patient on proper administration of naloxone.
- Gain awareness of the Oregon Board of Pharmacy’s new Syringe Access Policy.
- Share rules for pharmacy collection of unused medications and safe drug disposal.
- Understand the importance of utilizing the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.
Can’t make it on November 1? Register for the same session in the morning on November 2.
Event Date: 11/01/2018