Knowledge is power, particularly where pain treatment is concerned. The resources below are recommended by Oregon Pain Guidance providers for patient information about Chronic Pain, Complex Dependency, and Substance Use Disorder.
- Online resources:
- Brainman: Understanding Pain & What to Do About It in Less Than 5 Minutes
- Dr. Lorimer Mosely: Tame the Beast
- Joe Tatta’s Healing Pain Program and podcast
- Providence Persistent Pain Resources
- Dr. Beth Darnell’s books, The Opioid-Free Pain Relief Kit: 10 Simple Steps to Ease Your Pain and Less Pain, Fewer Pills: Avoid the Dangers of Prescription Opioids and Gain Control over Chronic Pain
- Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain by Sandra M. LeFort MN PhD, Lisa Webster RN, Kate Lorig DrPH, Halsted Holman MD, David Sobel MD MPH, Diana Laurent MPH